The course enables participants to acquire the practical and theoretical skills they need to become professional opera singers. Particular value is placed on developing the singer-actor personality. The course also includes musical theatre productions directed by renowned musicians and accompanied by well-known orchestras.
Our guidance days 2024 will be held on January 12th and 13th 2024.
The application form for our guidance days can be found here.
In addition, we offer advice on individual topics via Zoom appointments.
Please send an e-mail stating your problem or question to email@example.com. We will get in touch with you.
Possible topics include:
- General information about the study
- Advice on audition repertoire
We are looking forward to your mails.
Masterprogram Music Theatre / Opera Performance
The degree of Master of Music (M. Mus.) is conferred following a standard period of specialist study of four semesters.
The course in Music Theatre / Opera Performance is part of the cooperation between the Theaterakademie August Everding and the Hochschule für Musik und Theater München.
- Münchner Rundfunkorchester
- Münchner Hofkapelle
- Münchner Kammerorchester
- Münchner Biennale
- Bayerische Staatstheater (Gärtnerplatztheater, Bayerische Staatsoper
- ENOA (European Network of Opera Academies)
- Opernstudio Stuttgart, Germany
- LOD - Ghent, Belgium
- The Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel- Waterloo, Belgium
- Aldeburgh Music - Aldeburgh, England
- Festival d’Aix-en-Provence- Aix-en-Provence, France
- Verona Opera Academy - Verona, Italy
- Teatr Wielki - Warsaw, Poland
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation - Lissabon, Portugal
- Fundación Albeniz -Escuela Superior de Música Reina Sofia - Madrid, Spain
- Dutch National Opera & Ballet
This course has set itself the task of familiarising singer-performers with a holistic approach. While vocal training and Lied and oratory classes are taught by successful university teachers, the range of classes offered at the Theaterakademie has been greatly widened and professionalised. A team comprising lecturers from different areas ensures that links with the reality of the theatre are especially close. Workshops, courses and particularly, of course, major stage productions performed at a professional level offer students the chance to submerse themselves in valuable experiences that transcend borders, to get to grips with the demands of music theatre performance and its exciting diversity and to learn, experiment and experience in a diversity of ways.
THE NEXT APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE MASTER'S PROGRAM IN MUSIC THEATER/OPERA SINGING:
The application portal is open between 01 February 2024 and 15 March 2024.
The next aptitude week will take place from 13 to 17 May 2024.
The aptitude check consists of the video pre-selection and the face-to-face eligibility process.
Due to possible bureaucratic difficulties such as entry permits or visa we encourage applicants and in particular those from abroad to submit their application timely before the application deadline.