The next aptitude assessment procedure will take place from 03 to 07 May 2021.
The application deadline is March 31, 2021.
Due to possible bureaucratic difficulties such as entry permits or visa we encourage applicants and in particular those from abroad to submit their application timely before the application deadline.
Due to corona pandemic our orientation days 2021 could not take place.
But we are happy to offer zoom councelling by appointment.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your questions. We will get in touch with you.
We are looking forward to your mails.
Masterprogram Music Theatre / Opera Performance
The degree of Master of Music (M. Mus.) is conferred following a standard period of specialist study of four semesters.
The course in Music Theatre / Opera Performance is part of the cooperation between the Theaterakademie August Everding and the Hochschule für Musik und Theater München.
- Münchner Rundfunkorchester
- Münchner Hofkapelle
- Münchner Kammerorchester
- Münchner Biennale
- Bayerische Staatstheater (Gärtnerplatztheater, Bayerische Staatsoper
- ENOA (European Network of Opera Academies)
- Opernstudio Stuttgart, Germany
- LOD - Ghent, Belgium
- The Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel- Waterloo, Belgium
- Aldeburgh Music - Aldeburgh, England
- Festival d’Aix-en-Provence- Aix-en-Provence, France
- Verona Opera Academy - Verona, Italy
- Teatr Wielki - Warsaw, Poland
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation - Lissabon, Portugal
- Fundación Albeniz -Escuela Superior de Música Reina Sofia - Madrid, Spain
- Dutch National Opera & Ballet
This course has set itself the task of familiarising singer-performers with a holistic approach. While vocal training and Lied and oratory classes are taught by successful university teachers, the range of classes offered at the Theaterakademie has been greatly widened and professionalised. A team comprising lecturers from different areas ensures that links with the reality of the theatre are especially close. Workshops, courses and particularly, of course, major stage productions performed at a professional level offer students the chance to submerse themselves in valuable experiences that transcend borders, to get to grips with the demands of music theatre performance and its exciting diversity and to learn, experiment and experience in a diversity of ways.