- General university entrance qualification or general university entrance qualification according to § 29 QualV
(Note: The Theaterakademie August Everding may allow exceptions, provided that exceptional talent and aptitude as well as at least an intermediate school leaving certificate are proven in the aptitude test. Proof of education of students who have been acquired abroad is only considered proof of the general university entrance qualification or proof of the general university entrance qualification if it has been recognized by the Munich University of Music and Drama).
- The timely registration with all necessary attachments. Transfer of the application fee of € 30.
- The passing of the aptitude test at the Theaterakademie August Everding
- Fluency in written and spoken German
- A first professional university degree or equivalent qualification from Germany or abroad in the field of acting
- The existence of the regulated aptitude procedure at the Theaterakademie August Everding
- The timely registration with all necessary attachments. Transfer of the application fee of € 30
- Fluency in written and spoken German
BACHELOR OF ARTS
The aptitude test consists of a three-stage procedure in which various skills are tested. In stages I and II, applicants are tested individually. In the third stage, group examinations are added.
Aptitude Test Level I
Audition of three independently prepared role excerpts of free choice. One of these must be a text in bound language (also called verse form). An excerpt from a modern play is desirable.
Aptitude Test Level II
Audition of the role excerpts already shown in the aptitude test level I in front of the entire commission. The examination board sets tasks to test the preparation of the content, the imagination, the physical flexibility, the playful flexibility and the imagination of the applicants.
Aptitude Test Level III
The following aptitudes are tested in group or individual work:
- Improvisation with conversation to get to know the personality
- Role work
- Partner reference
- Speech formation
- Musicality and rhythm
- vocal and physical aptitude
There is no obligation on the part of the commission to examine all applicants in all points. The result of the aptitude test will be communicated in writing. A failed aptitude test may be repeated twice.
The aptitude procedure consists of a practical examination (duration approx. 10 minutes) and a colloquium (duration approx. 10 minutes).
During the practical examination, the candidate will use acting techniques to approach the implementation of the submitted concept/exposé or individual aspects contained therein. The practical part of the examination can be auditioned or pre-produced (e.g. in front of a camera) .
In addition, the candidate must prepare two independently developed role extracts (free choice).
During the colloquium, the submitted exposé as well as the approach/implementation made during the practical examination must be presented against the background of the applicant's own assessment of the current theatre scene.
The aptitude procedure serves the purpose of determining whether, in addition to the competencies proven with the acquisition of the first degree, the talent and suitability for the special qualitative requirements of the Master's programme in Acting are present. These requirements include the ability to act with a more complex expressiveness. Applicants should demonstrate a playful mutability and a great variability in the means of expression and also be able to critically reflect on their own acting and to deal with acting issues and forms of acting - both practically and theoretically.
Applicants will be evaluated by the examination committee within the framework of an overall artistic assessment according to the following criteria:
- Critical-aesthetic reflection ability in connection with theatrical processes/theoretical analysis and abstraction ability
- Clear explanation of the submitted exposé
- Interest, motivation, curiosity
- Social competence: team and communication skills
- Self-competence: self-assessment, personal responsibility, independence, personality
- Playful versatility
- Speech and vocal gestures
- bodily expression
- ability to translate artistic impulses into theatrical structures
There is no obligation on the Commission to examine all applicants on all points.
In the event of failure, the aptitude procedure can only be repeated once, at the earliest for the following academic year.
- fully completed registration form
- Detailed curriculum vitae in table form with proof of previous artistic activities.
- Copy of birth certificate or identity card or passport or residence permit
- Copy of the last school report
- Proof of general higher education entrance qualification or general higher education entrance qualification according to § 29 QualV
- General medical certificate confirming that the applicant's state of health and physical fitness for the requirements of training as an actor or actress are unobjectionable (not older than 6 months). The certificate can also be brought to level II at the latest without a new reminder. This is a prerequisite for participation in level III.
If you are severely disabled, please enclose a medical certificate. In this case, please make an appointment for an information session before registering.
- Phoniatric certificate or detailed ENT certificate (not older than 6 months). The certificate can also be brought to stage II at the latest without a new reminder. This is a prerequisite for participation in Level III.
- If applicable, certificate of enrolment from the current university.
- Justification of the desired course of study
- Proof of payment of the aptitude test fee in the amount of 30 € (copy of the bank statement or cash deposit slip)
- Three independently prepared role excerpts of your choice. One of these must be a text in bound language (also called verse form). An extract from a modern play is desirable (please bring a list of your selected monologues to the Level I examination). The monologues should be approx. 5 minutes each.
- Registration form
- Tabular curriculum vitae including previous artistic activities
- copy of birth certificate or identity card or passport or residence permit
- copy of the university/college degree certificate (Bachelor of Arts in Drama) including Transcript of Records or last interim certificate with a confirmation of the university attended, at which time the degree was obtained
- Proof of previous study periods and university examinations (Academic Transcript)
- Justification of the desire to study
- Proof of the paid aptitude test fee of 30 € (copy of bank statement or cash deposit receipt).
- Exposé or conception/project planning of a theatrical idea. Based on the individual interests of the candidate, this includes projects that deal with specific ways of embodiment, acting and performative processes, address problems of acting practice and/or stylistic issues or project specific working methods and forms. Projects are also possible that address acting activities outside the theatre (media speaking, film, television etc.). Equally possible are also questions from the field of acting didactics, which deal with specific acting methods or didactic problem areas in a reflective manner; (maximum three DIN A4 pages, font size 12, line spacing 1, font: Times New Roman)
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION BY POST TO
Theaterakademie August Everding
The next possible start date is 06 March 2023.
The aptitude test is divided into three stages. Only those who pass all stages of the procedure will be admitted to the degree programme. Prerequisite for admission to the aptitude test level II is the passing of the aptitude test level I. Prerequisite for admission to the aptitude test level III is passing the aptitude test level II.
The first two semesters of study are regarded as a probationary period.
Qualifying Examination Level I in Presence (subject to change)
07 and 08 November 2022 Application deadline:07 October 2022
05; 06; 07; 08 and 09 December 2022 Application deadline: 01 November 2022
Qualifying Examination Level II
10th; 11th; 12th and 13th January 2023
Qualifying Examination Level III
17 and 18 January 2023
Subject to change.
Depending on the number of registrations for November, participants will be scheduled for either 07. or 08. Nov. 2022,
depending on the number of applications for December, either for 05; 06; 07; 08 or 09 December 2022.
Please note the closing date for applications:
For the examination on 07 and 08 November 2022: 07 October 2022.
For the examination on 05; 06; 07; 08 and 09 December 2022: 01 November 2022.
The next possible start date is the winter semester 2023/2024. The application deadline for this will be announced on time. Due to a current revision and modernisation of the contents of this degree programme, unfortunately no new students can be admitted to the Master's programme for the winter semester 2022/2023 at present. Therefore, there will be no aptitude test for the Master's programme in Acting in 2022.
A fee of €30 will be charged for taking part in the aptitude test. Please transfer the amount to the account below before the application deadline and enclose evidence of the transfer with your application (copy of a statement of account or a cash payment receipt):
IBAN: DE75 700500000001190315
Under "Verwendungszweck" (purpose), please quote the following reference number:
7032 011 03-0 156501-9 Schauspiel; and the applicant's name.
A basic fee of € 144.40 is charged per semester. This amount is made up of the student union fee (€ 75) and the solidarity fee for the semester ticket for local public transport (€ 69.40).
Further information on the Munich public transport semester ticket is available here.