- It is essential to be interested in and attend theatre performances
- Entrance qualification for a university or university of applied sciences, or alternatively Mittlere Reife (i.e. German equivalent to GCSEs in the UK or a high school diploma in the US) in combination with a training qualification of relevance to the vocation (hairdresser, restorer, sculptor, theatre sculptor, artist or theatre painter)
- Internship at a theatre desirable
- The portfolio guidance is provided digitally (zoom) after registration at the following e-mail address (email@example.com). The date arrangement takes place individually.
- The application deadline is January 09, 2023.
- The subject examination and study regulations for the bachelor's degree program in Make-up Design Theater and Film can be found here.
- It is essential to have a great interest in art and culture
- A portfolio containing at least 20 of your own designs or pieces of work is required (e.g. drawings or photographs of design work you have already completed etc.)
Candidates who fulfil the admission requirements will be invited to take an aptitude test. Applicants will be informed of the exact date in writing.
The aptitude test comprises the following:
1. Practical examination
The practical examination consists of a number of tasks to be completed under examination conditions in drawing, modelling, make-up and hairdressing.
2. Oral examination
Applicants who are successful in the practical examination may proceed to take part in the oral examination. This examination tests their specialist knowledge and general knowledge of culture.
The decision on admission is made by the examination board on the basis of the performance in the aptitude test following a final consultation. Applicants will be informed of the decision in writing.
Applicants who were assessed as having insufficient knowledge in the fields of hair design and hair processing may be conditionally accepted to the program of studies. In such cases, it is strongly advised that candidates acquire handcraft skills in these areas before taking up their studies and/or in the break between the first and second semesters.
If a candidate does not pass the aptitude test, it may only be repeated once in principle, at the earliest a year after the first attempt.
Information on the Master of Arts Program of Studies will be available here soon.
The following documents are to be submitted for the preselection process that decides on which candidates will be invited to the aptitude test:
1. Application form including a passport photograph glued to the form and the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- (Uncertified) copy of your birth certificate
- (Uncertified) copy of your certificate indicating general fulfilment of the higher education entrance requirements or specialist fulfilment of subject-related entrance requirements for a university or a university of applied sciences (qualifications obtained outside the territory to which the Basic Law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies shall only be recognised as evidence of general fulfilment of the higher education entrance requirements in the Free State of Bavaria if they have been recognised by the Bavarian Certificate Recognition Office:
Zeugniserkennungsstelle für den Freistaat Bayern,
Pündterplatz 5, D-80803 München [Munich])
- (Uncertified) copy of your certificate indicating that you have completed vocational training as a hairdresser, wood-carver, theatre painter, theatre sculptor or for another artistic or craft occupation that requires training
- Short statement explaining your reasons for your choice of study program and vocation (maximum one page of A4 typewritten text)
- If relevant, evidence of practical work in theatre, film and television
2. A portfolio containing your own designs and work enabling an evaluation of your relevant artistic talent to be made (e.g. drawings, photographs, documentation of design work already completed). The applicant shall submit with the portfolio a statement that it is his/her own independent work.
3. For applicants who are not native speakers of German, a command of the German language is an entrance requirement. The Examination Office of the University of Music and Performing Arts Munich requires successful applicants to submit evidence of having attended a recognised language institute at the beginning of their program of studies.
Information on the Master's degree program will be available here soon.
The deadline for the submission of applications (date of postmark or submission of documents) is February 26, 2021.
Information on the Master’s degree program will be available here soon.
A fee of €30 will be charged for taking part in the aptitude test.
Please transfer the amount to the account below before the application deadline and enclose evidence of the transfer with your application (copy of a statement of account or a cash payment receipt):
IBAN: DE75 700500000001190315
Under "Verwendungszweck" (purpose), please quote the following reference number: 7032 011 05-8 156501-9
Theaterakademie August Everding
81675 München (Munich)
Application documents that are incomplete or received late cannot be considered!
Any application documents etc. you send will only be returned upon your explicit request and only if you enclose a stamped addressed envelope with sufficient postage!