Music Theatre / Opera Performance
The Programme of Studies in Music Theatre / Opera Performance
Trailer: Music Theatre / Opera Performance
Next start of programme: October 2019
Application deadline: March 31, 2019
Due to possible bureaucratic difficulties such as entry permits or visa we encourage applicants and in particular those from abroad to submit their application timely before the application deadline.
Get to know us: orientation days
During our orientation days we offer masterclasses, workshops in scenic-musical performance and several trainings with our voice professors and tutors.
Everyone who is interested in applying for the master-course can participate. The admission is free.
Application deadline: December 10th 2018
Orientation days: Januar 10th to 12th 2019
Our big productions next season
Mozart: So machen's alle oder Schnellkurs für Liebende (Così fan tutte)
Conductor: Clemens Schuldt
Director: Bruno Klimek
Director: Eva-Maria Höckmayr
The degree of Master of Music (M. Mus.) is conferred following a standard period of specialist study of four semesters.
The course in Music Theatre / Opera Performance is part of the cooperation between the Theaterakademie August Everding and the Hochschule für Musik und Theater München.
Other Partners are:
- Münchner Rundfunkorchester
- Münchner Hofkapelle
- Münchner Kammerorchester
- Münchner Biennale
- Bayerische Staatstheater (Gärtnerplatztheater, Bayerische Staatsoper)
- ENOA (European Network of Opera Academies)
- Opernstudio Stuttgart, Germany
- LOD - Ghent, Belgium
- The Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel- Waterloo, Belgium
- Aldeburgh Music - Aldeburgh, England
- Festival d’Aix-en-Provence- Aix-en-Provence, France
- Verona Opera Academy - Verona, Italy
- Teatr Wielki - Warsaw, Poland
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation - Lissabon, Portugal
- Fundación Albeniz -Escuela Superior de Música Reina Sofia - Madrid, Spain
- Dutch National Opera & Ballet
Statement by the director of Studies
This course has set itself the task of familiarising singer-performers with a holistic approach. While vocal training and Lied and oratory classes are taught by successful university teachers, the range of classes offered at the Theaterakademie has been greatly widened and professionalised. A team comprising lecturers from different areas ensures that links with the reality of the theatre are especially close. Workshops, courses and particularly, of course, major stage productions performed at a professional level offer students the chance to submerse themselves in valuable experiences that transcend borders, to get to grips with the demands of music theatre performance and its exciting diversity and to learn, experiment and experience in a diversity of ways.